Cannabis Cocktails – Beat the Heat with Chilled Marijuana Treats
Who doesn’t enjoy a cold, refreshing beverage on a hot summer day, no matter if you are lounging by the pool, or working in the garden. But heat and alcohol combine rather quickly to create headaches and hangovers. Skip the dehydration and enjoy the high-lights of summer with these three hand-crafted, non-alcoholic marijuana mocktails.
Ginger Cucumber Sativa Spritzer
This cocktail is based entirely around a ginger cucumber simple syrup, which makes it great to make ahead, and will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks. The taste is light and crisp, and the tonic qualities of ginger are complemented perfectly with Yummi Karma’s Stay Lifted tincture.
- 1 medium cucumber, unpeeled and sliced
- 8-12 ¼ inch slices of fresh ginger root
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar (can be adjusted for agave nectar or stevia)
- Yummi Karma Stay Lifted Tincture (adjust dose to personal preference)
Preparing your syrup:
- Bring sugar and water to boil in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly until sugar is fully dissolved. (Congratulations, you’ve made simple syrup!)
- Remove from heat and add cucumber and ginger to the syrup.
- Let diffuse, covered for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Filter through cheesecloth or a fine sieve and refrigerate
Mixing the cocktail:
- Fill a glass with crushed ice.
- Add 1 dose of Yummi Karma Stay Lifted tincture.
- Add 1 part syrup and 3 parts soda water. (You can easily substitute a tonic or flavored soda like La Croix if you prefer).
- Stir lightly and garnish with fresh basil leaf or sliced cucumber.
- Lift. Sip. Repeat.
The Marijuana Malt Shop Miracle
Nothing beats a frosty milk shake with some good barbecue. The addition of Korova’s Reverse Dip Cookie makes this frosty treat one to savor, but as with all Korova edibles, watch your potency. Since the edible will be ground up in a slurry of dairy, it can hit a little bit faster and stronger than you are used to when simply eating part of the cookie. DO NOT USE THE WHOLE COOKIE, UNLESS YOU KNOW YOU CAN HANDLE THE WHOLE COOKIE.
- 1/3rd cup whole milk
- 1 3/4 cup packed Vanilla Bean ice cream
- 1 dose Korova Reverse Dip Cookie (Your mileage WILL vary)
- Add Korova dose to blender and blend for 1-2 seconds to break up cookie.
- Add ice cream and milk then blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Cuban Cannabis Coconut Cooler
Based on the traditional Cuban highball, the Mojito, our cooler swaps the cane rum with cannabis fun! When the summer heat combines with a good day of beer and other adult beverages, it is easy to wind up with a hangover. Coconut water’s high potassium content is a great relief for dehydration headaches, while the Stay Lifted tincture helps settle the stomach and the fresh mint and lime helps balance out your pH.
- ½ lime sliced into 3-4 wedges
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh mint.
- ½ teaspoon sugar (or ⅓ tsp Agave Nectar)
- ½ cup coconut water
- ½ cup seltzer water
- Yummi Karma Stay Lifted Tincture
- Add lime to a tall glass, squeezing as you go.
- Remove stems from mint sprigs, and crush mint by slapping it between your hands.
- Add sugar and one dropper of Stay Lifted Tincture.
- Mix dry ingredients with the back of a wooden spoon or muddler.
- Add ice, seltzer and coconut water.
- Stir lightly.
- Watch the clouds drift by.
Ready to beat the heat? Check out the July M-Box for all the medicated components you need for the above recipes!